Teinane is a Co-Managing Partner of the firm and heads the Corporate and Commercial Practice.
Prior to joining the firm, he was the General Counsel for Century Exploration and Production Limited (Operator OML 46 Atala field) and the Deputy Head, Legal and Compliance for Century Group (comprising 3 major subsidiaries).
With a legal portfolio spanning over 10 years of active involvement in corporate commercial practice, he has gained significant experience in relation to corporate advisory, including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate re-organization,project and trade finance, and commercial transactions for local and international corporations. He advises on numerous local and cross-border transactions covering various jurisdictions in various countries e.g. Norway, U.K, U.S, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, China, Ghana, Mozambique, South-Sudan, France, Malta, Austria, Denmark etc.
Tena is a graduate of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port- Harcourt, Nigeria, where he obtained an LL.B degree in Law, and University of Warwick, England, obtaining a Masters Degree in Corporate Governance and Financial Regulations.
Other previous employments include Compliance at Future Perfect Financial Solutions, United Kingdom; and Collet and Co, Advocates and Solicitors.
Tena heads the Lagos Office.
- advised an indigenous E&P company in respect of International Oil Company divestment for an Oil Mining Lease with value circa $350 million USD.
- advised an independent E&P subsidiary that successfully farmed-in into Oil Mining Lease (OML46) with 29% equity stake.
- advised an indigenous company in respect of contractual framework of a 15 year Licence to Operate (LTO) contract to manage and develop the SPDC’s Kidney Island Port.
- advised an indigenous trading company in respect of crude term lifting contract.
- advised an indigenous E & P company on contractual framework re-entry and field development of an Oil Mining Lease (OML 46) with value circa $200 Million USD .
- advised an indigenous service company on the structuring of major operation and maintenance contracts with a cumulative capacity of 30,000 bbls/day, notably are:
- OML 40 – a joint venture between Elcrest Exploration Production Nigeria Limited and Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC); and
- OML 42 – a joint venture between Neconde Energy Limited and NPDC.
- advised an indigenous service company in respect of the operation and maintenance of three FPSO’s namely:
- FPSO Armada Perkasa/ Client: BAB/Afren Okoro Setu field (OML112)
- FPSO Armada Perdana/ Client: BAB/Afren Okoro Oyo Field (OML120/121)
- FPSO Mystras / Client: NPDC Okono Okpoho Field (OML119)
- advised an indigenous marine company in respect of structuring a joint venture with Bumi Armada Berhad (BAB), known as Century Bumi Limited (CBL) – an integrated marine and offshore service provider in the Sub Saharan energy space.
- advised an entity on the structuring of CENTURY INTERMOOR LIMITED, a joint venture with INTERMOOR INC, and a leader in innovative mooring and installation technology.
- advised an entity (alongside Denton LLP) in respect of the acquisition of part of the Gbarain Generation Company as part Nigerian Integrated Power Plant (NIPP) privatization process.
- advised an oil and gas company in respect of the acquisition of upstream assets in Mozambique, South Sudan, Uganda, Ghana etc.
- advised an indigenous service company in respect of negotiations and successful engagement of 3 Drilling rigs for re-entry purposes and other drilling programs- namely:
- The Imperial Rig – Re-entry for the Atala Field (OML 46),
- The OES Passion – NPDC drilling program for (OML 40) ,
- Rig 151 – Re-entry program for Lekoil Otakikpo field (OML 11).
- advised an indigenous marine company on integrated marine services with a mixed fleet of 13 Offshore Support Vessels(OSV’s) and Tankers providing Turnkey Marine and Offshore Logistics service with turnover of over $80 million USD annually.
- advised an investment company in respect of financing and acquiring an $18 million USD real estate portfolio.